Over the past couple of months I’ve been nominated for several blogging awards, but I haven’t had time to write them up, so I’m doing one large post grouping them all together. Thank you to everyone who nominated me! You made me surprised and very happy!
Yvo Nominated me for the One Lovely Blog Award!
- Write a post featuring this award, add the award logo and make sure you don’t forget to thank the person who gave you the award.:)
- Answer the 11 questions.
- Make up your own 11 questions for others to answer.
- Tag and nominate 10 amazing bloggers that have under 200 followers. (Or under 1000 followers if you prefer.)
- Let those bloggers know that they have been nominated for the Liebster Award!
Since I was nominated by four people, (I know! I was shocked too!) I’ve decided to pick the four questions from each person.
Questions from Yvo
- Which do you prefer: an e-book or an actual book?
I never thought I’d say this, but both. Real books feel so much better, but the kindle is so handy. So many books and no breaking my back trying to carry them all!
- What would be your dream travel destination?
Hawaii, Europe, Greece, Japan, or maybe to just see my sister in South Carolina, I’d like to travel!
- If one of the three senses had to be taken away, which would you choose: sight, speech or hearing? Why?
Speech. I could always write on a white board or something, but not being able to see or hear would be so much worse!
- I you could choose in which time you could live, would you choose the past, present or future? Why?
Present. I like the way things are now. The past was harder to live (and I’d die without junk food) and who knows what the future will bring.
Questions from stephswint
- Why did you create your blog? Do you have a goal for it?
To make friends. I’m not so good with people. Goal? To have more than one person come haha!
- Do you invite friends and family to follow your blog or would you rather cut off your hands before they participate?
I told my family about it, I’m not really one to have secrets from them, but I have an odd family and we’re really close.
- Do you worry about offending people on your blog or do you sometimes post things purposely knowing it will offend people but you like the discussion it brings?
I’m always worried about saying the wrong thing and I’d never offend someone on purpose!
- What kind of super power would you have if you could pick one?
Telekinesis, it’s the best power there is, not only could I move stuff with my mind, but I could make myself float too!
Questions from alwaysopinionatedgirl
- Which fictional character are you most like?
Actually I’d probably say Luna Lovegood. I’m not so open about my weirdness perhaps, but yeah we’re a lot alike.
- Which fandoms are you in?
Percy Jackson is probably the best fandom! I’m a minor member of most of them, but mainly Harry Potter and Mortal Instruments. I like fandom stuff and fanart.
- Which 5 books would you take with you to a desert island?
Assuming I’m not bringing survival books I’ll go with Harry Potter, because I can always reread it, Something by Terry Pratchett to keep my spirits up, Game of Thrones, because it’s large (and heavy for a weapon) Something by Modesitte, One of the Sword of Truth novels (again big and long) and a short story collection by Asimov. (Oops that’s six, I can’t count)
- What do you like most and like least about book blogging?
Meeting people and getting free books. What I like least I mostly do to myself by procrastinating and worrying about what to write.
Questions from heirofravenclaw
- If you could go on a date with any one literary character, who would it be and why?
Most of the male characters I like are teenagers, awkward, but I’d pick Jem, (Infernal Devices) Leo or Percy. (Heroes of Olympus)
- What is your favorite opening line?
Sam Vimes sighed when he heard the scream, but he finished shaving before he did anything about it. -Night Watch By Terry Pratchett
- What is your favorite book-to-movie adaptation?
Probably Stardust, though it’s different from the book it’s just as good. (Second place: Jurassic Park!)
- If you could live in any fictional world, which one would you choose and why?
Harry Potter, because there’s magic and I’d get to live partially in the real world and people wouldn’t necessarily be constantly trying to kill me.
My questions (Worst part of this award! So hard to think of good questions!)
- What book needs to be made into a movie?
- What book got you addicted to reading?
- What’s your favorite book quote?
- What pets do you have?
- If you could pick one super power or magical ability what would you pick?
- Do you like to write or only read stories?
- How’d you get into blogging?
- If you were a fictional character would you want to be the hero, the villain, the sidekick, or the love interest?
- What are your top five favorite authors?
- What’s your favorite genre?
- What is your favorite movie or tv show?
Very Inspiring Blogger Award Rules:
- Thank and link the amazing person who nominated you.
- List the rules and display the award.
- Share seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
- Optional: Proudly display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you.
SEVEN FACTS ABOUT ME:
1. I have a pet rabbit named Bunny. (I’m terrible at naming things.) He’s a black mini-rex. And we have a family dog, a chiwauwau. (But I can’t tell you his name, because I use it as my password.)
2. I love seeing wild animals and taking photos of them. (I have around ten thousand images of swans that used to nest on our lake saved on my hard drive. Said lake is really more a large swampy pond, not one you’d want to swim in, but great for wildlife.)
3. I never wear makeup (and wouldn’t have a clue how) and I dress for comfort not fashion. (What do you mean stripes and plaid don’t match? They’re both the same colors!)
4. I don’t mind romance in a fantasy book or an action movie, but just plain romance bores me, same with comedy.
5. I’m not judgmental, like at all. So, you never have to worry about saying something stupid, dorky, or silly to me. (Plus I do enough stupid things myself.)
6. I’m allergic to the cold (yes this is actually a thing) when I get cold my blood pressure drops so first I get sleepy and feel yucky then if I stay cold I pass out. Not good. So naturally I live in Michigan.
7. I’m obviously not good at coming up with things about myself. :p
One Lovely Blog Award Rules:
- You must thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
- You must list the rules and display the award.
- You must add 7 facts about yourself.
- You must nominate 5-15 other bloggers and comment on one of their posts to let them know they’ve been nominated.
- You must display the award logo and follow the blogger who nominated you.
Okay, I’m cheating here (yes, again) but it was hard enough coming up with 7 facts about myself, I can’t do 14! So, see above facts for this award too. 😉
Instead of nominating people, I’m just going to link to my favorite blogs. Consider yourselves nominated for all of the awards. 🙂
BLOGS I LOVE (I hope I didn’t forget anybody!)
It’s All About Books (Yvo)
All the Books! Books the Final Frontier